Sunday, August 03, 2014

Week 26/27 Pregnancy Update + RMIT Pageant 2013 + Reviews on Kiehl's Products.

I should probably start updating on my Dayre if I were to post weekly/ daily updates, but I can't stand typing on the phone for too long since it makes my wrists ache.
So as requested, gonna do a post on my experience with school pageant last year, and do a review on the awesome Kiehl's products that I've just started using.

Pregnancy Update Week 26/27:


Mood - Getting way better as compared to last week, not as grumpy or frowny anymore.
Energy Level - VERY LOW.
Recent Cravings - Oreo Cheesecake, Cupcakes, brownies.

Probably due to the stress of worrying about results of the house we applied, I was feeling cray cray last week, and wasn't in a really good mood especially when me and Joey had arguments here and there. Nothing big, not really an argument, more of a squabble. But now that his temper is so much better, we can always talk things out, and we always come up with a compromise at the end, because after all, we just want each other to be happy.

Application of the sale of balance flats - Not successful.
I'm actually quite relieved that we didn't get the flat, because first of all, we weren't too sure about the flat that we were applying for, and we were told to just 'apply first'. Until recently I realised, if we were to apply, we get the house, we can't afford, and we have to forgo, it will affect our chances of applying for flats in future. Which was why I didn't understood why we applied in the first place, had we known that Toa Payoh flats are way overpriced. Under this very situation, I really don't see how me and Joey is gonna cope with the payment of the flat without help. Even if we are gonna get the flat, we are just going to be slaves to the house, so honestly, I'd rather we go for BTO, choose an area that is more affordable, and depend on ourselves. Like I mentioned before, I don't like to depend on others for money, and this is exactly Joey's sentiments as well, we would rather wait for a few years, when we are both working full-time, before we get our house, and pay monthly using our CPF, without having to get help to pay a lump sum. (Not related to pregnancy, but it was the reason why I felt a little cray hahaha)

So yay! At least now the burden is temporarily lifted on his and my shoulders. Now, we are just considering another area for BTO, most likely when he is back!

This aside, I'm getting bigger and clumsier as days past. I realise after 6 months, the changes of my body just get so rapid that I can't even keep track of the bump anymore. My tummy is growing so big that I think my belly button is gonna pop in two or three weeks time! Hahaha, and baby's punches made it to my ribcage!! I realised it when I was sitting up and felt sharp pains at my ribs. IT'S SO DIFFICULT TO EVEN BREATHE PROPERLY NOW :(

Do you know the feeling of having too much food? Like too bloated to the extent that you have trouble breathing? That's how I feel every single time I sit up and try to get comfy. I JUST CAN'T. I can't eat much every meal now too, since the womb is expanding and pushing everything towards the side. Basically, I feel bloated 24/7, I can feel hungry and bloated at the same time (wth?), I feel like peeing every 20 minutes or so (or even right after I finish peeing when I come out from the bathroom), I don't have a good night sleep anymore considering how often I need to wake up and pee, it kills my feet when I walk ESPECIALLY TO CLIMB STAIRS. I thought all these was only going to hit me towards the end of the third trimester? I'm already getting them now!

Totally relatable:



OH YES, I've been having braxton hicks contractions recently. I initially thought it was the baby stretching and that's why my tummy sometimes feel so tight and round and pointed. It happens all the time at night before I sleep, and it happens about 3 times in an hour. I only knew it was braxton hicks after I googled. Didn't know it will happen this soon, but apparently to some mothers it does.

Because of all of these, I get so lazy now that I can just lay on the bed the WHOLE DAY doing nothing, because even getting out of bed can be a real chore.


Now that Joey is in Taiwan, I think I'd even be more lazy to travel out since I need to take train all the time. Hahaha. Yes, he just flew last night! Went to the airport to pick him up. :)



 Spent the entire morning sleeping since he had to go for his run with the company, and going Bugis for lunch, and to do some praying before he leaves for Taiwan.

I MADE HIM FAT HEHE. He was complaining to me this morning about how fat he looks in this photo, but AIYA married already, who cares right? I will still love you no matter how fat you become!

It's actually my fault lah, dragging him out for supper with me, and finishing all my food that I can't finish. Oh well, you have to help me gain the extra calories so that I can get back in shape ASAP after that! :D I did promise him that I will go running and jogging with him as soon as the baby is out, when I'm recovered from Childbirth. Hahaha.

My mom and dad came to send him off together with parents-in-law, and at the same time to fetch me home since Joey is gonna be away for three weeks. Thankfully my parents-in-law are understanding, and isn't those traditional parents who think that once I marry into the family, I got to stay home. :) Furthermore I have the company of my pet rabbit at home, and since dad is retired, he is usually at home to take care of me. Plus, I have an issue since young- I DON'T DARE TO SLEEP ALONE HAHAHA. But okay lah, next time with the baby, this wouldn't be an issue anymore. :D Even if he needs to be away for outfield, I will be fine knowing that baby is at home to accompany me!

Anyway, now it is also a norm that both side of the grandparents get equal time spent with the grandson, and just because I'm living apart from my parents, I don't think I should derive them from the time they can have with the baby. That, I hope that my parents-in-law will understand, and will not fuss about this. Fingers crossed!

Hubby treats my mom and dad really well too, knowing that my mom misses me alot, he brings me home all the time, and even suggested I go back home in future to stay for awhile, let my parents have some time with me and their grandson when he is overseas! I can't be thankful enough to know how understanding hubby is when it comes to my family and our well-being. For that, thank you for being there all the time, and being my pillar of strength.

To my hubby, I know that you tried your best, and even though you have to be away for these two trips, it's fine! I know it's hard on you too, for you to be away from us for so long too, but it's gonna be your last trip for this year, and after that we will have time together! Don't worry I will take good care of myself, just do what you need to do, fulfill your responsibilities at work, ur wife will be home waiting for you to be back safely from Taiwan! Love you!

Back to pregnancy, no stretchmarks AT THE MOMENT, and please don't ever come to me. I've been applying Bio Oil once every night before I sleep, and hopefully it works. I've heard about mothers who have been diligently applying stretch mark creams twice a day, and the stretch mark still appears. I'm praying hard it doesn't happen to me!

Been using this since the start of second Trimester!

OH. Baby's checklist. I saw this on Tammy's blog (www.ohsofickle.blogspot.sg) and I really need to keep track of what I've already got, and what I don't and NEED TO GET. I've been following very closely on her updates on her pregnancy, since she is about 6 weeks ahead of me, and I can totally relate to how she feels regarding the baby, so yeap!

1) Baby Cot (YES)

My mom bought this for Baby Kaylen from Spring @ JEM.
 2) Baby Playpen (NO) - Due to space constraint, we decided not to buy.

3) Changing Table (NO) - Due to space constraint, decided not to buy as well. Also the reason why hubby and me decided that if we could afford the house we applied (we thought we could) we should move out so we can have a more comfortable place.

Since I'm at this topic, I might as well say. Some of my readers were wondering how  we are going to handle if we move out, but, I always say, why not? I mean this is IF we are going to move out now lah. Since young, I don't live with a maid, and the fact that I don't really do laundry at home, doesn't mean I don't know how to take care of a house, or keep a house clean.

Not that I want to mention my past, but at my ex boyfriend's place, I often need to mop/ vacuum, help to clean up the house, occasionally cook for the family when the mom is not around, and always help out for dinner. So I'm pretty sure I can learn to do laundry. With work, with school, I can still do housework what! Not say I'm pampered to the extent that I need a maid to survive you get what I mean?  I don't mind working hard for our family and to clean up our house, just don't doubt my abilities! Period.

4) Bed Sheets (NO) - Gonna get it during the next baby fair!

5) Play mat (NO) - Going to get from my cousin soon!

6) Bouncer (YES) - Bought a cheap second hand one from Carousell @ 15SGD.

7) Stroller & Car seat (YES) - Cost us a total of 499SGD

The car seat is detachable!

8) Diapers/baby wipes (NO) - Not yet, but will buy it during next baby fair!

9) Breast pump (YES) - Thanks to my cousin-in-law Clara, we managed to borrow hers for the moment since she stopped breastfeeding. It was too expensive to invest in a new one :(

 This will cost me 699SGD if I bought a new set.

10) Breast Pads (YES) - already using them now since I'm leaking lol.

11) Storage bags for milk (NO) - Going to buy during next baby fair, or Grace might be giving me her leftovers since she dont have excess milk anymore.

12) Nursing Pillow (NO) - Decided not to buy! I think I can handle without a pillow.

13) Rompers (YES) - I have lots of them thanks to friends and family, and for hubby since he bought so many clothes for baby Kaylen. OH and his uncle Jason bought some from Arizona too!

14) Socks (YES) - I have some that are given from Friends. Probably gonna buy more!

15) Mittens and hats (YES)

16) Swaddle (YES) - Bought the newborn size one at Kiddy Palace, 17.90SGD

17) Blanket (NO) - Not yet, during the next baby fair!

18) Bibs (YES) - Bought a set of three from H&M, I don't think I need that many bibs?

19) Baby laundry detergent (YES) - I have a small sample bottle, but probably need to buy a bigger one nearing to the date.

20) Baby shampoo or soap (NO) - Not yet! Nearing to the date I will get them :) Not intending to use Talcum powder for nappy change since I heard that it isn't good for their respiratory system. I'm sure some older folks wouldn't understand, but if it is better for the baby, I think it will still be better if we heed advices like that.

21) Bathing tub (NO) - Intending to either get from cousin-in-law or buy a second hand one.

22) Baby Carrier (YES) - Given by sister's friend, but it seems a little too small for older babies. So would probably get another one in future!

Will update about baby Kaylen again after my next appointment at the Gynae which is on the 8th of August! After next week's appointment, I will be seeing the doctor once very two weeks until I deliver. I can only hope that baby Kaylen be good, and stay in my womb until he's at least 36 weeks old, when he is at full-term! Don't give me another scare again please :(!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 Alright next, some readers have also been asking me:
How's life after getting married? Am I used to staying with my In-Laws?

 Life has been pretty much the same, FOR NOW, since Joey drops me at home whenever he goes to work. His camp is at SAFTI MI, and just about 5 mins drive away from my place? So he will come and pick me up after his work, or if his work ends too late, he will either just stay in camp or stay at my place instead of returning to Toa Payoh. But very often he ends so late that we don't even have dinner together, so I will just have dinner at home, or either eat out with my parents. Lately I just eat at home or get them to buy dinner for me since I'm lazy to go anywhere.

For lunch, mom will sometimes cook in the morning and leave the food for me to heat up and eat, so I don't eat leftover food from the previous night. It's nice to be at home, so you know at least if I want some companion, friends can come over for steamboat once in awhile, or I can just meet them up since most of them live in the west. Not that I can't do it at my in-laws, it is just that I think it wouldn't be very nice to mess up the place, and afterall, it is still not my house. So yeap.

Living with my in-laws, very fuss free. Since there is a maid at home, there is nothing much that I can help out with. Or for the matter of fact, nothing at all. Nana is there to help my mother-in-law out when she cooks dinner, wash dishes, tidying up our room, so there really isn't anything for me to do. Of course I have nothing to complain about! Just that it makes me feel very lazy and pampered, and that's not what I want people to think or see of me. The only thing is, no matter what, as compared to living with my own parents, it will still be a little uncomfortable since I need to always remind myself of the way I sit, the way I speak. Just basic respect for hubby and his family!

And of course, always worrying about how in-laws will think of me, how they see me if I go back home very often. I mean.. at this era, it's very common for ladies to go back home, I just don't want to appear to be rude to them. In fact, I know of my sister's friends or own friends that go back to their own place to stay every weekend, or once in awhile just to spent time with their own parents. Some even had their confinement done at their own place! If I am able to do confinement at my own place, I would definitely feel more at ease and feel less stressful since I will be in a more comfortable environment. BUT, there's just not enough rooms at my place, plus I don't know in-laws will be keen in the idea of me going back home for confinement. So yes, I'm doing it at hubby's place.

I'm happy that we hired a confinement nanny to help me out, just that I'm worried she will interfere with how I take care of the baby. She's probably in her 50s, and would definitely disagree with the new age-parenting.  Especially if she is not very pro-breastfeeding, I'm afraid if the baby starts crying and all, they will start to pressurize me to feed baby with formula, since they think that the baby is not full enough from my milk. I personally believe that breast feeding will be much better for the baby as compared to giving formula milk.


So, I hope she let me do what she wants and doesn't stress me up too much before I snap. (The first month can be very stressful for the mother), and naggings and comments from bystanders wouldn't be very helpful. The only reason why I'm dreading now that my due date is getting nearer and nearer. Hahaha.

Oh and before I forget, I'm going to go back to school in January, and I do intend to go back to events if I can ever get back in shape. It will be difficult for me to juggle work, baby and studies, but I guess I just need to strike a balance. Mother-in-law is keen to help, but the only thing I'm worried is, baby will be a little fussy, and as much as she wants to help, it is not necessary that baby will want the mother to be away for too long. Plus, I really don't want to throw the responsibility to someone else just because I need to work, so I would try to be home or at least be there for my baby as much as I can. I don't wanna miss baby meeting his milestones, and these are probably things that other people other than hubby and myself wouldn't understand. I don't want to be deprived from having the time spent with my son, and would rather spend hours trying to coax him, or finding out what he wants instead of throwing the baby to others and not learning everything on my own. HOPING I CAN JUGGLE!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT, RMIT PAGEANT 2013

Pageantry was exactly about a year ago. I still remember how I used to be a very quiet person in school, and I only had ONE FRIEND- Clifton.! I didn't join the school camp because I always thought that camps are very lame and boring, and I didn't have the confidence to talk and approach or socialize with people. Friends who know me for a long time would have known that I was battling with eating disorder for many years, and I just wasn't comfortable with my self-image. Thus, this was a HUGE change or rather a very difficult decision to make when my primary school friend, who is in RMIT Council, texted me and asked me if I was interested to join RMIT pageant.

I never ever thought that I was good enough for such things, and never has it cross my mind to join any pageant, EVER. So, it took me exactly one day to reply her text. I discussed with my ex boyfriend - who wasn't supportive, and my family, who wasn't exactly supportive as well. My sister thought that it would worsen my condition, and it would make me feel even more insecure about my body. BUT NEVERTHELESS, I decided to jump at the opportunity. I mean, it's just nominated to join! Not as if they would really select me and ask me to go for interview right? I decided YOLO, why not? Since I'm still young, I should try it out. And guess what? That was the best decision I've ever made. :)!

Few days later I received a text from Yvonne, one of the committee members under the pageant team, to go for an interview. I almost backed out and tell them I'm not interested anymore, cause I was so scared and so nervous!! Never been this nervous in my life before lor. When I went for the interview, I don't remember exactly how many of them, but I think there was about 6 of them sitting infront of me. I WENT LIKE WTF WHY SO MANY OF THEM STARING AT ME. HAHAHAHA, and thinking back, it was really damn funny cause I totally behave like a different person from who I am now. I was timid, walked into the room with my head tilting down, and smiling cause I felt awkward. I think I even asked for permission to sit down? LOL.

I had to fill up a form before entering the room, and there were questions like 'Use three words to describe yourself', stuffs like that. And with zero confidence and zero experience, I never even use very positive words to describe myself lor, I was very honest with how I felt about myself, and when they ask me what am I good at, I think I said nothing. Cause I can't sing can't dance, no confidence, can be good at what?! HAHA. Even during the catwalk I did a very simple walk, like no difference from walking, and ended with a peace sign pose. *FACEPALM* , if only I can show you guys the video again lolol. The only thing I thought I was good at is being bubbly, and bringing laughters to friends. SO- I really think I screwed the interview.

My day of interview was also the last day of interview for the girls, so they told me they would notify me at night to let me know if I got in. I didn't put too much hopes in it, and I remember I was at Blue Garden having korean bbq and celebrating my friend's bday. UNTIL I RECEIVE A CALL - From Damien or Patrick I don't remember, telling me that I got in. This is silly, but I was very happy knowing that at least I had the qualities to join! In fact, it took me alot of time to do my make up and dress up during the first pageant training.


After the first training, I realised it wasn't easy trying to socialize, but I did attempt to talk to Shevonne and Syah! That stupid girl Shevonne later tell me that she thought I was very ahlian, and didn't understood why they let one ahlian join the pageant HAHAHAHA. So annoying. She assumed I was an ahlian because I tried to be friendly towards her lor! Plus I was a smoker, that's why. HAHA. But guess what, we became such good friends in the end. Okay lah, I also thought she was a very proud kind of girl and I judged her cause she has experience in taking part of pageant before. HAHA.

Didn't really talk much to other guys, but I did talk to Debbie I think? And thought she was a quite bitchy and slutty kind of girl. BUT NO LAH LOLOL I LOVE HER SO MUCH NOW <3 br="">
During our first gathering at Damien's place, just a few days after the first training! That was when I really got to know Debbie since the rest of the girl weren't here. Hahaha.

Me and Samuel - our form of getting to know each other better? SMOKE TOGETHER. They paired the smokers together lolol!

And during the subsequent trainings, when we got closer to each other after the weekly supper every time after trainings!:




Shevonne,

NONSENSE FACE- Swenson,
Torance,
My partner Samuel, WHO IS SO FRIGGING TALL. Oh, and if he didn't get in during the selection, I wouldn't be there standing. HAHA, cause they can't find another guy who can match my height. #tallpeopleproblems

Yandi,
And meet my bitch Debbie HAHA!
 And the various supper sessions, when we were all crazy over funrun:

Back then, fav teochew porridge at Timah!

And then, we have impromptu clubbing sessions together HAHA.


I was very thankful for this family for being there for me during the ups and downs that I faced in the period of the pageant, my relationship didn't work out, I had this huge heartbreak that only they know, and that's when I got all crazy over partying. I was partying almost every weekend and every ladies' night with Debbie!

Basically, they watch me fall apart, watch me cry, watch me weep over some guy that didn't matter and watch me grow up, and finally meet the one I love.

Oh ya, I was partying very often at that's why I met my husband. HAHAHA.
This was when I accompanied Shevonne to go for this casting for Shokubutsu, and both of us got selected and we went up to the stage together. She got in and won in the end!

Indoor photoshoot - My make up was so heavy I looked like a transexual :( Oh and a few thought that me and Samuel had something going on with each other because we were able to clique so well HAHA! But no, we were just partners in crime!

Group photoshoot.
Just through a short period of time spent together, all of us can tell what kind of person every one is, and who are the true friends, and who are just acting.

I've even gotten snobbish comments like "Are you sure you are 173? You don't even look that tall to me.", with eyes staring at me, TOP DOWN. Together with some other remarks that were really uncalled for, so I stopped being nice. Why be nice to someone who isn't worth my time right?

Actually prior to joining this pageant, I thought all the girls would be either bitchy or a snob, but I was so wrong, I didn't know I could make such good friends from here, and I finally didn't only have one friend in school anymore HAHAHA. I had their company for lunch, and we spend so much time with each other especially nearing to the Bash Day, where we had two trainings in a week.

AND FINALLY, the big day:

That was the first time I went into zouk all lit up, and in the afternoon. We had the entire place to ourselves lol! All of us woke up early in the morning to get our hair done at the sponsors.

During preparation! All the committee members took very good care for us, and made sure all of us had what we needed, and made sure we filled our stomachs before the start of the event!
Watching videos to be played during the event itself!
After our make up, when we were eating behind zouk!
 I've already met Joey then, and because he was in camp, he couldn't come down and show his support, but he bought me a bouquet of flowers to cheer me on! Everyone who bought the tickets and came down to the Bash had a chance to vote, and they can choose to vote before the event started or after.


There were three walks, and three outfits in total. Mine was a fish tail gown, that was SUPER LOOSE cause I lost quite a significant amount of weight prior to the big day.

My gown was still too long, and with the heels, it was almost impossible to walk. I almost trip and fell during the first walk LOL.

Sebas, who was my pillar of strength throughout the whole pageant journey.
Okay la, must give credit to my partner who was very supportive and encouraging too hahaha!
Second walk outfit + Questionnaire!
My very tiny waist back then :(

 And here's the third walk (with some dance steps choreographed by Shevonne! Hahaha):
Okay, don't judge HAHA. I did try very hard to maintain my figure and to lose some weight!!
Didn't win the title but me and Torance won Mr and Ms Photogenic!
My gown was quite nice actually!
We were all really happy for Swenson when he won Mr Body beautiful and was crowned MR SIM-RMIT 2013! Afterall, he did work hard to get the titles, and we were all well-aware of that! :) I almost teared for him lor LOL.

A couple of my friends, my brother and my mom came to give their support, and after I got changed, I left my stuffs with them and the after-party begun! I only remembered walking around zouk after that, trying to find where the others were, and remembering people or strangers offering me drinks. I didn't restrict myself much and just drank whatever people offered and got so tipsy in the end that Sebas had to carry me out of zouk HAHAHA. I don't usually get that drunk because I limit myself to how much I can drink, but that night was a happy night so I excused!

Having fun with the student council peeps before I got real drunk!
Overall, it was a really good experience with the rest of the pageant team, I enjoyed myself over that period of three months, gained confidence, and won myself an opportunity to join events thanks to Sindy. Never thought I would be able to do all these without joining RMIT pageant, and really grateful to Sindy for recommending me to her agent, who is my boss now, if not I'd probably be stuck working at Golden Village for the rest of my school life, earning $5 an hour lol! To those people that talked shit about me behind my back, thinking that YOU got me into the industry, and that I was being ungrateful, don't take Sindy's credit away from her. She was the one that got Desmond to contact me. SO YES, quit spouting nonsense.

If I didn't joined the pageant, I probably wouldn't have met Joey either. Everything happens for a reason, and I'm sure what I went through was worth it in the end. I found and married the love of my life. AND YES! The pageant family was there to share the joy with me!




 And also many other occasions when we met for supper/gathering/partying/ my 21st Birthday last year!

Gathering a few days after the Bash!





My two babies whom I love and cherish!
<3 font="">






21st!



Steamboat @ Shevonne's!




Supper! (And that time was when I announced to them about my pregnancy hahaha)
Some random starbucks session!
Although now all of us have different commitments in life, I'm sure we will always find time to meet up! And the next gathering will probably be during Kaylen's full moon celebration already! The last time I met a few of them was to celebrate Sebas's birthday, but I can't wait to meet them soon again! OH YES, we will be invited back to school to watch the current batch of pageant contestants do their thang! We were supposed to 'demonstrate' our walk to them but, I think I'd be too heavily pregnant to walk with Sam. HAHAHA. It will be funny to watch though?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALRIGHT NEXT, and the last thing of this post:

Those of you that have been following me on Instagram, would have known that I just recently started using KIEHL'S.

Not sure if it's hormone changes or if it is really with the help of these new products, but my face improved A LOT. I stopped having break outs, or even if there is, it will just be small pimples that will go away after a day or two. So I'm pretty sure the products did work its wonders.

Before I start, let me show you a photo of how I used to look like when I didn't bother about taking good care of my skin, didn't bother to remove make up with a proper make up remover, and before I used any skin care products:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
You have been warned.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
There.

I was chubby, my hair was like shit, my face was horrible, don't even mention my brows. Lol! I'm sure you can tell the bumps on my forehead and some acne scars here and there which is probably concealed by concealer back then.
.
.
.
.
OKAY BACK IN TOPIC
Some products I've been using:

1) Amino Acid Shampoo






Rebecca got me crazy into using Kiehl's hair shampoo after I tried using at her place during her birthday celebration. My hair was so dry after I cut it short and dyed + highlighted it, that it was so difficult to manage. I started hating my hair cut after a couple of weeks. Because damaged short hair is so freaking obvious as compared to damaged long hair. But after using this shampoo together with their conditioner, I saw immediate improvements. My hair was never too dry, and I didn't even have to use straighteners to straighten my hair! All I need to do was to blow dry my hair top down, even without a brush I didn't have much issues with keeping it in shape!

Creates a rich, creamy lather for a delightful shampoo experience.
• Naturally derived cleansers gently yet thoroughly cleanse the hair.
• A special blend of moisturizing ingredients imparts softness and shine as the formula adds body and fullness.
• Suitable for all hair and scalp types when mildness is desired.
• Cool Kiehl’s Fact: The Amino Acid and Coconut Oil derived cleansers in the formula create its delightful, creamy lather. 


Ingredients:

Amino Acids are fundamental to the human body and construct proteins. When chemically united with fatty alcohol or fatty acid, they have cleansing properties and maintain their mild amphoteric character. Amino Acids are known to moisturize by enhancing the skin's water retention.




Coconut oil is an off-white, semi-solid, highly saturated fat expressed from the kernels of the coconut. It is stable when exposed to air. It lathers quickly and is a good skin cleanser commonly used in many skin care formulations. Lathers readily and softens skin.



Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, also known as by the collective name Phyto Peptides, is an effective substitute for hydrolyzed animal protein derived by acid, enzyme, or other method of hydrolysis. It offers conditioning, moisturizing and film forming properties and is widely in skin care products to help skin retain its moisture and improve its overall appearance.



Cost: About 40 ish?



2) Olive Fruit Oil Nourishing Conditioner


I didn't use the Amino Acid Conditioner because the Kiehl's staff recommended this to me, for dry and damaged hair. She say it's okay if I used different shampoo and conditioner, so I tried this. Tangle-free, need I say more?

Formulated for dehydrated, under-nourished, and damaged hair, this lightweight, easily-rinsed conditioner deeply moisturizes and restores a healthy look to hair. Utilizing the latest in haircare science, our formula contains molecules which mimic natural oils that coat healthy hair. We blended enriching Avocado Oil, Lemon Extract, and Olive Fruit Oil-inspired by traditional home recipes-to help rebuild hair's strength and elasticity, and lock in moisture. Gentle, yet luxurious, our formula detangles hair, leaving it silky-smooth and shiny without weighing hair down. Ideal for hair weakened by overexposure to sun, chemical-processing, or excessive heat styling. 

Ingredients:

Avocado Oil, derived from the fruit of a tropical American tree, is a rich, fatty-acid emollient. Avocado Oil is known to be the most moisturizing of any fruit oil. It is also a natural source of Amino Acid proteins, Vitamins A, D, E, and potassium. Helps to restore the natural moisture of the skin.


This bright and zesty citrus fruit has long had a prominent role in cosmetics and aromatherapy. Lemons are high in natural fruit acids and have the highest percentage of Vitamin C of all the fruits. Its extracts from the fruit and essential oil (expressed from the peel) have astringent and antiseptic quality that freshens, stimulates and rejuvenates sluggish skin and adds lustrous shine to the hair. In aromatherapy, lemons inspire a cooling, refreshing and uplifting feeling.


Olive oil, a valuable oil for skin and hair care, olive oil has been used for centuries as a cosmetic and food by peoples of the Mediterranean region. The oil is obtained by cold pressing of ripe olives and it is the first press, or “extra vierge” oil, that is used for creams, lotions, hair treatments and ointments. Extra virgin contains a high level of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and antioxidant vitamin E that moisturize, protect and nourish. It is very beneficial for dry, damaged, or split hair.
Cost: About 40 ish.


3) Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner


Very gentle on the skin, unlike other toners which have a tinge of alcohol content, this just smells like Chrysanthemum tea. Anything that doesn't smell like chemical must be natural and good for the skin right? It gives the right amount of tightening to my skin without over-drying!

This effective toner is formulated with select herbal extracts to gently cleanse and soothe normal to oily skin types without the use of alcohol or harsh synthetic drying agents. Our Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner may be used to soothe and improve problem areas.

Cool Kiehl’s Fact: The calendula petals in our unique formula are still inserted by hand in the Kiehl’s apothecary tradition to assure the most efficacious formula 

Ingredients:

Allantoin is a compound that is found in Comfrey Root. The comfrey plant is a hairy perennial Eurasian herb long used in herbal medicine. Known to be a bacteria inhibitor, Allantoin can soothe and reduce inflammation in various product formulations.
Calendula is extracted as an oil from the common marigold flower. Its mild properties make it ideal for use on all oily skin types including sensitive skin. Soothes skin and is especially beneficial for delicate skin.

Great Burdock is a gentle, natural ingredient known for centuries to help improve dry skin. 
Cost: About 42sgd for the smaller bottle. Bigger bottle is about 80 ish 90?


4) Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash

Very gentle on skin, wash and cleanses my skin without over drying!

  • Gently lifts away impurities, dirt, and oil without stripping skin, safe for sensitive skin
  • Creamy gel formula activates with water to create a rich foam
  • Skin looks instantly refreshed and revitalized
  • Soap Free, Paraben Free
Ingredients:

Calendula is extracted as an oil from the common marigold flower. Its mild properties make it ideal for use on all oily skin types including sensitive skin. Soothes skin and is especially beneficial for delicate skin.

Glycerin is a by-product of soap manufacturing and is a clear, syrupy liquid, usually derived from vegetable oil and obtained by adding alkalies to fats and fixed oils. It is a solvent humectant and emollient in many skin care products, as it absorbs moisture from the air and thereby helps products retain their moisture. It improves the spreadability of products and has definite skin moisturizing benefits.

Cost: About 68 sgd? I forgot. Hahaha.


5) Clearly Corrective Hydrating Moisture Emulsion


My skin is often peeling or cracking because it's too dry, so I can't live without a moisturizer. This moisturizer isn't too oily and doesn't make my face feel sticky at all :D Keeps my face hydrated for as long as I don't wash it off!

Skin tone correcting moisture treatment
  • Intensively corrects visible uneven skin tone
  • Helps deter formation of new pigmentation irregularities on skin's surface
  • Enhances luminosity and hydration levels for a notable improvement in skin clarity
  • Paraben-free, fragrance-free, colorant-free,  dermatologist-tested

Ingredients:

Activated C: Anti-cluster activity prevents new melanin clusters from forming dark spots. Inhibits the activity of melanin producing enzyme tyrosinase. Helps slow the transfer of melanin to surrounding keratinocytes.


White Birch Extract
A Kiehl’s proprietary ingredient, listed as Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol on the ingredient label, is a sugar derived ingredient known for its ability to restore hydration and nutrients to the dermis and epidermis layers of skin . This potent active increases skin elasticity levels and collagen production resulting in restored skin density, volume and thickness. Works synergistically with Activated C to facilitate discoloration correction for skin clarity.


Peony Extract: Helps protect against free radical oxidative damage. Helps slow the production of melanin. helps slow the transfer of melanin.
Cost: 70 ish?
6) Acne Blemish Control Daily Skin-Clearing Treatment


Those friends who have seen me in my naked face would know that I have very bad blemish and post-acne scars, especially from the first trimester. But after using this sample for a week, I could tell that my scars faded and wasn't as prominent as before! It also prevents break out at the same time, so it gives my face time to heal!



For visibly cleaner and clearer skin


A daily skin-clearing treatment that clears acne blemishes and allows skin healing, while helping to reduce the appearance of post-acne marks.
  • Formulated with a powerful blend of blemish-fighting Dioic, Salicylic and Lipo Hydroxy Acids, known to minimize the appearance of acne and blemishes
Even though it is okay to apply twice a day, I do it only at night before I sleep cause I heard that Salicylic acid does promote peeling of skin, and I don't want to overdo it on my skin. 
Ingredients:
Lipo Hydroxy Acid is a patented ingredient developed by Kiehl’s chemists to effectively clear skin of acne blemishes. With seven times the strength of Salicylic Acid, Lipo Hydroxy was developed to facilitate formula penetration by skin, enhancing its efficacy as an all-over daily treatment.

Dioic Acid is a patented molecule used in skin treatments to tamp down inflammation by reducing production of tyrosinase (a copper-containing enzyme that catalyzes the production of melanin and other pigments) to suppress melanin and redness.

Chamomile is a white and yellow daisy-like flower which comes in various forms, including Roman, German and Hungarian flowers. German Chamomile is commonly used as a medicinal against sore stomach, irritable bowel syndrome, and as a gentle sleep aid. In skin care, the extract distilled from Chamomile has soothing and comforting properties on skin.
Cost: About 70 ish as well.
7) Midnight Recovery Eye

Still observing how effective this eye cream is. I'm not someone that uses eye cream before this, but I am willing to try! Did try their sample but I didn't apply it everyday so I couldn't tell how good it is. Honestly, I bought the product cause I needed to hit an amount so I can get travel packs for free lol!!

Fresher, younger-looking eyes by morning

The ideal companion to the highly successful Midnight Recovery Concentrate, this restorative concentrate of essential oils and botanicals improves the youthful appearance around the eye. Infused with the same natural ingredients as Midnight Recovery Concentrate, as well as Butcher’s Broom, this night treatment leaves under-eye skin feeling strengthened and replenished. Midnight Recovery Eye’s non-migrating cream texture is specifically formulated for the delicate eye area.

• Diminishes the appearance of fine lines
• Reduces puffiness
• Reduces dark under-eye circles
• No parabens, fragrance, mineral oil or silicones. 

Ingredients:

Squalane is a healing botanical lipid with a high affinity for skin to instantly restore and replenish.
Lavender Essential Oil helps soothe and stimulate skin's repair process for fresher looking eyes.

Evening Primrose Oil is an effective on skin barrier repair and boosting radiance.
Cost: 60 SGD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do intend to try using their sunscreen one day, once I finish using the derms' that I bought. Still serving me very well! And also trying all these from samples that Kiehl's have given me:

 Deep, visible correction and breakthrough clarity

Clearly Corrective™ DARK SPOT SOLUTION is a fast-acting serum that evens skin tone and diminishes dark spots to impart overall radiance and luminosity to the skin:

• In as little as 2 weeks, 55% of women clinically demonstrated a significant reduction in dark spot intensity.
• In 4 weeks, 69% of women clinically demonstrated a continued reduction in dark spots intensity and 73% of women showed a significant reduction in acne scarring.  Reduction in other skin discolorations was clinically evident among 69% of women.
• In 8 weeks, 87% of women clinically demonstrated more uniform skin tone to deliver breakthrough clarity.
• With continued daily usage, Clearly Corrective helps to prevent the formation of future dark spots and other skin discolorations.

No Silicones. No Parabens. No Fragrance.
No Colorants. No Optical Diffusers.


This mask is DAMN good. It leaves a very clean feeling on my skin every single time I use it. My pores look smaller, skin gets tighter but doesn't over dry! Considering getting this :D


Intensively purifies to minimize pores

Our Rare Earth masque helps purify and detoxify skin while minimizing the appearance of enlarged pores. Formulated with Amazonian White Clay to gently draw out oil, dirt and toxins that can clog pores. The addition of Oatmeal and Aloe Vera will help soothe, hydrate and protect sensitive skin.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only downside about Kiehl? Their products are super expensive! The small tube of midnight recovery eye cream actually cost me 60 bucks omg. I hope it's worth it though! 女人的钱,真的很好赚! I think all girls will pay anything to have good skin isn't it? 

OKAY! That's all for this post. Any questions or requests, drop me at:

www.ask.fm/phyllisfatball

:) Ask me any questions cause I'm usually up pretty late due to insomnia, and I love answering questions. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment