Monday, August 11, 2014

My Beloved Wabbit- Milo!

First of all, sorry to those Animal lovers who advocates about adoption, because my rabbit Milo, was not adopted. Although I super love animals, I never really stood up for adoption before, and for that, I'm sorry :( BUT! If I'm gonna get a companion for my dear furball at home, I am definitely going to adopt instead, and hopefully find one that will be able to bond well with my territorial rabbit.

I do have intentions of spaying her!

This post is actually directed for friends who have been asking me about her, and for people who never exactly had rabbits before! (Just sharing what I know and my knowledge for rabbits that I've learned from taking care of Milo.)

This was taken during the car ride on her way home in a cardboard container with some hay and pet litter :D I was so happy to bring her back! I chose her out of all the other rabbits because she is the only one that is calm and didn't attempt to jump away when me and Joey carried her! Even allowed the pet shop staff to cut her nails while she sat down quietly. BUT! Her butt was quite dirty, and there was dried poops stucked on her fur. Was told that we need to wash it off ourselves.

Milo is from Vivo City's Pet Safari, and according to her certificate, she is a show breed! Friends or people who have never seen holland lop rabbits before asked me if there was something wrong with her ears, why cannot stand HAHAHAHA. But ya, lop rabbits' ears go down!

She costs: $990//=

YES I KNOW SHE COSTS A BOMB, and when my mom knew about her price, she went like WHAT?! You can get a dog at that price! Hahaha, but if you let me choose again, I will still get a rabbit because she is such a darling!!


She was only 2 months + old near 3 months when we brought her back, and her birthday is on the 26th of January 2014!

Joey wanted another lop of another colour cause he said that her spots were not equal, like scattered everywhere. BUT CUTE AND UNIQUE WHAT! Under her cert, her colour was described as: Broken Chestnut.

Eating hay in her new cage! Her cage costs us about 120++ in total, but we have already removed the sides since she roams about and is potty-trained.


So why did I name her Milo?

I thought of a few alternatives: Chestnut (Because of her colour)/ Oreo etc.
But I wanted something easier to call, so I decided on Milo. Furthermore the brown colour patch near her mouth looks like she dipped her face in the Milo drink and stained it what no? LOL.

My father disturbed her and called her horlicks the first few times *Stares*

My sister loves rabbits and was very happy to see her! Every night when she comes home from work sure shout for Milo and ask where is she. Hahah. We had a rabbit named Kiki when I was younger but she passed away when I was 12/13 year old. We had her for about 6 to 7 years!

Milo with Mandy and Jermayne!
Like many other rabbits, she was okay with being carried and hugged/ flipped over at first. BUT!!! After 2 weeks, she start to struggle and started running from us lolol. So yeah, I was very sad :(

Please keep in mind that rabbits are not dogs, and they do not show affection or asks for attention like dogs do, so if you want a very manja animal, don't get a rabbit! Rabbits are very much like cats, they do what they want, and they don't really come to you much unless they wants food. I get pissed off when my father calls her a stupid rabbit when she doesn't respond/ go to him when he calls her lol! (Extremely protective mother hahahaha).

At the beginning, we only train her to recognize the shaking of her snacks box so she will come to us when we do it. And every single time we do that, we make sure we feed her something to reward her!


That proud face -_-

Milo's daddy clearing her cage for her because I'm pregnant and my mom doesn't want me to carry the huge tray in and out of the house. Oh we changed her plastic food bowl to a glass one cause she tend to overturn it and spill her food everywhere inside her cage!
She usually jumps off my body after a few seconds since she doesn't like to be held. Lol!

SHE LOOKS LIKE A SQUIRREL HAHAHA.

Oh yes! We managed to potty-train her just two weeks after she joined the family, and I was so surprised that it is actually so easy!! I didn't thought that I could let her roam about the house since my mom is super afraid of animals, so I bought her a litter tray for her to poop inside her cage. Every single time she pees outside the tray I will scold her and smack her backside, pour the pee-soaked litter into the litter tray. It doesn't really work that well, but it's okay!

After we let her roam about the house and cordoned a few areas, and keeping her back into her cage at night, we realised that every single time she wants to pee, she goes back into her cage and do it! Occasionally peeing outside lah but it only occured like 4 times? In the span of 4 months? Which is really really good considering that she is only a rabbit!

And my mom? She's getting used to her roaming around the house, so we slowly remove the boxes that we use to cordon her area, and only closes our room doors cause she will hide underneath the beds. Other than that, she's free to roam about, like a little puppy!

This is Shevonne holding her, and Sebas once commented saying that she looks like a (o  o)!
She is growing so fast in just 4 months!! And she's turning 7 months on the 26th hehe. Can't wait to see Kaylen playing with her when he grows up!

BUT AH! Recently she is more attached to us! And me especially since I'm home playing with her most of the time hahaha. So when I sit down on the ground, she will hop towards me and sometimes nudge me on my hands so that I will pet her! Super manja and cute! Can you stay this manja forever please my baby Milo??

Oh and she used to lie or hide at places that are dark, but she don't really do that anymore! She just leans against the door, and below my chair.

And she will also squeeze in between your feet, find a comfortable position, and sit down. hahaha.

How to not love her like that you tell me?!


SUPERMODEL RABBIT

Really sleep like one ( o  o )

We will disturb her once in awhile like that hahaha.

Absolutely chill state hahaha.


And she likes to follow people around especially at night or in the early morning! Last time when Joey was still staying at my place and when I wake him up for work, she will walk and follow him as he prepares for work. Hahahaha.

See! She just likes to do this. Hahaha, and even my mom now allows her to do this at her feet. (Last time still always kpkb about Milo, now will still talk to her and feed her snacks or vegetables once in awhile lolol!) Then when I spot her doing that she will find some excuse and say 没有啦!她一直跟我跑来跑去,很烦啦!

Squashed in between my thighs.

When I'm busy using my phone and never play with her she will just sit down like that hahahaa.



When I sit down and eat my lunch she also wanna come and manja, ask for some attention. She sat there until I finish my porridge lol!

-OH ALMOST SLIPPED MY MIND-

If you want to potty train your rabbit, just fill the litter tray with hay, cause when they eat, they poop at the same time lol! It will save you quite alot of trouble vacuuming the little chocolate chips off the ground. Her poop looks like chocolate chip hahaha. And if she pees outside other than a litter tray, can scold her and keep telling her no! I will flick lightly on her forehead to remind her not to do it.

Rabbits are not as receptive and responsive as dogs, but that doesn't mean that they don't understand what you are saying! Milo knows when she makes a mistake. There was once she peed outside and I saw, when I walked towards her, SHE SPRINTED AWAY! And then when I tried and talk to her by approaching her, she keep running away from me. I will carry her to her pee, knock her head and scold her. Sometimes I will lock her in the cage as a form of punishment. So she knows that if she pees outside, it means she won't get to come out of the cage.

Can read more from bunnymama! She will give tips and advices on how to bond rabbits, what to feed and what not to feed them, as well as how to potty train them!

Since Milo has been behaving pretty well at home, on National Day, I decided to bring her out to my sister's friend's house for a small gathering.

Her doing her first supermodel photoshoot. Hahahahaha.
I was very surprised that she didn't anyhow pee!! The temporary litter box is the cover of the box that I put her in and I placed newspapers on top of it before moving the cat litter and hay from the box to the tray. She just roamed around that area cause I kept saying no when she attempted to go on the carpet. Very well-behaved little furball I have here hehehe.

MUMMY SO PROUD OF YOU!!




Photo of her taken by the photographer- William!

Our group photo that day!

Not forgetting baby Milo hehehe. And my 28 weeks baby bump!

These few days I haven't been going out much cause my body feels SO HEAVY, I just can't lug myself out of the house UNLESS transport is provided lol! So that day when i went to Alaina (My sister's friend)'s house, I took a cab there and we shared a cab back. Otherwise, I won't even step out of my comfort zone hahaha.

I will just do an update on the 28th week of Pregnancy on this post too!

Pre-pregnancy weight: About 60kg
This week's weight update: 66.4kg

I lost about a kilo since the last time I visited my gynae, so Dr Yeo never give me a hard time. MY MOM LAH. Went to complain to Dr Yeo and said that I ate a few days of fast food like KFC, Burger King etc, lolol super annoying.

My reaction when we both walked out of the room lolol!

My friends would know that I hate it when Dr Yeo tells me I gain too much weight lol! Cause like WTF? Ideal weight gain during pregnancy is 12-15kg what!! I gain 7kg alot meh? :( Somemore I'm into 7th months of pregnancy already, should be okay what!

Aiya, anyway I've been bugged by heartburn and nausea this week, and it spoils my appetite big time. I don't eat as much as I used to, and sometimes I cry from feeling too terrible :( It annoys me when I can't fall into slumber too! I'd just use my phone or read at blogs until I'm tired enough to fall asleep. I've tried drinking warm milk before bed, tried taking a hot shower, but nothing works!

Oh doctor did tell my mom that baby Kaylen is of the right size now, not too big and not too small for 7 months, but he told us that he will update us regarding baby's weight nearing to 32 or 36 weeks! Can't wait to find out if it will be an easy birth or not. I hope baby doesn't grow too big!! I don't want to do C-sect please :(

I've also decided not to do a pregnancy photoshoot for now, at least not for this pregnancy. Maybe in future for Kaylen's sister/brother! I find it very difficult to embrace my pregnancy figure now, as much as I want to enjoy feeling huge, but, I just don't like my body now :(! Not that I will go on a diet, but I just don't want to take too many photos of myself with my body cause I look SO BIG. Will probably ask the hubby to snap a few pictures at home or when we go dating when he's back from Taiwan!

Alright, baby aside, more pictures of Milo taken just yesterday!

Hopped on my chair to ask for attention, (or maybe food hahaha)

LOOK AT MY BIG HEAD BUNFIE.

Her blur-cock face brings me so much joy sometimes hahaha.

More attempted bunfies with the world's most affectionate rabbit! -HER FACE IS SO CUTE I CAN JUST DIE-

And guess what, halfway through selfies she suddenly LICKED AND KISS MY CHIN!!! This mother feel so loved omg, I didn't dote on you for nothing hehehe.

Squash your face with mah chin!


That's all for today! I can't wait to move out and get an apartment of our own so that I can bring Milo over and she can have all the space she wants! I don't want to bring her back in in-laws place because FIL isn't very pet-friendly, and I don't want to lock her up in my room only, so decided to just let her stay at my place. Must spend as much time as I can with her now before the baby arrives!! So forgive me for the spam on instagram of her photos!

Will update again when I have something to write about!

-Oh and give me some time for the song video okay, HAHAH I'm totally not used to singing on videos and my voice is really just
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
#okcan

:/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment