WEDDING PHOTOS ARE FINALLY HERE!!! (Took me so much time transferring the photos and uploading them to facebook because my laptop doesn't have a CD-drive, so I needed someone elses' laptop to read the disk and then transfer the photos back to my laptop.) All these took me so much time!!
I just realised I haven't wrote anything regarding my wedding yet, so for those who are planning to get married in a couple of years, and are interested to know how I go about planning me and Joey's wedding, there you go! (OH for the record I only had like 2 months to plan!!)
Oh there are still people asking around regarding the rush to this wedding, and believe Joey and I got married because of the baby. Yes! Like I mentioned in the first post when I announced my pregnancy, he did propose to me one week before we found out about the baby. So yeah, the baby was the reason behind all these rush, and I kind of really regretted it. I MEAN NOT THAT I REGRET MARRYING JOEY LAH, but it would be nice if I had more time to prepare. (Not blaming the baby either) What I meant is, I should have probably gave birth to Tristan and finish my studies before holding our wedding. But nevertheless, we are married now, and I'm glad all the planning or stress is now over!!
I can't believe I didn't flunk my exams since I had to deal with the pregnancy and wedding along with revising and mugging for my papers. (Did I mention I failed only one paper? When I actually expected myself flunking three. HAHA) I even managed to score a distinction and two credits! I scored even better as compared to my previous semester. CLAPS TO MYSELF. I guess it was pure luck and of course with the help of my kind classmates.
Okay, preparation for the wedding, many things you need to do (what I did in the 2 months of preparation):
1) Set a date for your 过大礼 and a date for your wedding.
- This was done by my parents-in-law since they are more experienced in all the fengshui stuffs and I believe usually the groom side decides on the date? We selected this date so it won't 冲 with any of our family members birthdays and zodiac so yup! During the 过大礼 my brother had to out of the house since it wasn't very auspicious for him hahahaha.
2) Look for a bridal studio.
- You can find the whole stretch of bridal shops along Tanjong Pagar, or if you have time to spare, look out for bridal road shows! They do provide cheaper package or throw in extra services since it is a road show. Some studios focuses on their indoor studio photoshoot, where they provide very exquisite themes, while some focuses on their gowns etc. For mine, I thought the gown was more important, so I chose somewhere that provides a variety of designs for gowns.
3) Know what your parents and parents-in-law wants.
- Respect their opinions or traditions. Like for both my parents and parents-in-law, they are not really into the idea of very dark coloured gowns, so I chose happy and bright colours!
4) Settle for a Wedding Venue.
- If you have time, visit all the different venues, and make sure you are happy with the ambience and of course the price that they offer per table. Unless you are filthy rich, I suggest you opt for a venue with an affordable price at about plus minus 1k? Like probably 1.1k to 1.2k per table, or you will end up spending ALOT of money on your wedding. For me, saving up for the baby was more important, so our families opted for somewhere simple, Qian Xi Restaurant @ Tessensohn Road.
Honestly speaking, the exterior of the place didn't look too optimistic. BUT! The interior and the ballroom they provided was spacious, and not to mention, the food was DAMN GOOD! Which is very important to me lah I guess. At least our guests enjoy the food provided for them during the wedding! What is the point if you chose somewhere with very nice ambience but with shitty quality of food right anot?
I know some of the people will say, it is once in a lifetime kinda thing, and you don't mind splurging on your wedding and all, but for me in my opinion, yes I know it is a once in a lifetime kind of thing, but all the thoughts of the dream wedding I had? It just wasn't too practical under my situation, and I would rather spend the money on my dream apartment or buying the necessities for our Baby.
BUT IF YOU ARE WONDERING, Qian Xi does provide different menus at different prices, and there is actually one ideal venue that I wanted but was taken. I forgot where exactly was it, but it was at one of the Safra. My parents-in-law went to the venue to recce, and we were quite disappointed that it was already booked like one year prior, so yes, book your wedding venue earlier!
5) Choose your sisters. (姐妹s, or brothers for the groom)
- Preferably, choose some with experience in being a sister. For me, I was the first to get married amongst all my friends, so yeah all of them were first-time sisters! Or only with very little experience, but!! They did a really good job in assisting me, even though some of them forgot their duties and responsibilities here and there. HAHA.
- Word of advice? Don't need to bother asking them to read your time schedule for the wedding because trust me, I realised many of them, the sisters and brothers, just read through only LOL, without remembering what they are supposed to do. So what will be a better alternative is that you meet all of them at once, prepare them for the wedding, and each and individually tell them their roles and responsibilities, before the actual day of the wedding. Make sure they know what they are supposed to do!
- For grooms and brothers, please do not hold the bachelor party the night prior to the wedding because nobody does that. I had a hard time convincing all of them to not party, and I almost went bonkers because some of them didn't understood why I told them not to. I had my hens night about two days before the wedding, and wanted Joey to do his bachelor's party that night too, but he can't since his friends are all busy or working.
- TRUST ME, when it is your wedding, you will do anything to make sure that it goes according to plan, and I know if those guys or rather if myself were to go party the night before, some of the brothers or the sisters will end up having hangover the next day, or worse, late for the wedding. Plus, it will be a long day for everyone, so why not get ample rest the night before right??
- Brothers and sisters to be, PUNCTUALITY is very important on the big day. The reason why you are chose to be one of the bride and groom's brothers and sisters is because they trust you, and know that they can rely on you. So please, be punctual and report at the time that you need to because it is an important day for them!! I'm sure during your own wedding, you would want the same from your brothers or sisters isn't it?
I'm so thankful most of my sisters are there on time to help out and reported on time even though one of them went drinking and partying the night before. YES U KNOW I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU LOL. So please ah sisters and brothers to be, don't go doing crazy stuffs the night before the wedding, let the bride and groom sleep in peace!
6) Get your photographer and videographer! (And extra services like photobooth)
- For mine, I hired
ROCKPIXS STUDIO-X, which is a company run by a couple Alaina and William and they are both my elder sister's good friend. Even though their business was just set up recently, (just a couple of years), they provided the best photobooth services I have came across so far!
Initially I didn't know the difference between the photographer and videographer, and only wanted to hire the photographer to save costs, but I AM SO THANKFUL I got the videographer, because now I have the entire video of our big day, at home. Hehe, so I can show it to our son next time. The photographer Leon and Videographer Sino, they are pretty new, but really friendly and helpful. They did what they can to guide us during the phototaking and did a really good job for our gate crashing video! Joey and I was very pleased, and even dropped tears when we peeped at the video during our Wedding day, before our March In.
Unlike many photobooths, Rockpixs Studio-X provides a front camera, so you can see how you are positioned during the photo taking, and provides MANY props too! You can tell them in specific details how you want your design of the photograph to be, and you can also opt for the font and colours, all to your liking! This is how mine look like :) !
Not to mention, the affordable price that they quoted for us for this whole package! So if you are interested, do take a look at their facebook page, and contact them for more details on the services they provide :) :
https://www.facebook.com/RockpixsStudioX
Oh you can probably mention it was recommended by me! See if it helps :D
7) Prepare all your 过大礼 stuffs!
- If you are unsure about the tradition, make sure that your parents and parents-in-law come to a decision to which tradition they want to follow. For example : Teochew or Hokkien?
- Even though I personally went through this myself, I am still not very sure of the whole tradition, or what I actually need to do for the wedding and for the
过大礼. You can go to this shop named LEKNOT, which is situated at City Plaza, Level #05-09! They actually sell packages for the wedding and the
过大礼 and even sells wedding favours in bulk if you are interested in getting from them! They will even spend the time, sit you down and explain to you the reason behind all the different tradition, and tell you what you need to buy, and what you don't. We bought all our 喜 stickers from them and my parents-in-law even rented the big basket for Joey to bring all the items to my place during 过大礼! Not to worry, they will tell you step by step on what to do, and what angpao you need to prepare, for whom, and for what.
8) Choose your Pre-Wedding photoshoot Venue.
- Once you have settled for a bridal studio, they usually come with the package for the pre-wedding shoot as well as providing the bedroom photo and wedding photo album. So what you need to do now, is to choose the venue. (Unless you settled for overseas photo taking!)
- I went for Haji Lane and Botanical Gardens. (for ourdoor shoot)
BUT! I personally feel that Upper Seletar Reservoir is a great place for wedding photoshoot! I will post the photos I took during the wedding day itself at Upper Seletar, and you will know what I say it is nice!
- Be prepared to be tired. So have ample rest the night before. It was sooooo tiring for me especially walking about under the hot sun and in the heavy wedding gown, with the pregnant tummy. T_T
9) Buy or order all the necessary stuffs you need for your brothers and sisters!
- Depending on your theme, you need to buy all the stuffs for your brothers and sisters since they will be helping you out for the wedding. Please don't ask them to get it themselves because one, it is not very nice to ask people to do things for your own wedding, second, it is your duty to get it for them. Unless for my case, Joey's brothers wore their own denim/ blue berms, and Joey ordered the yellow shirt for them.
- For my sisters, Mandy ordered the yellow tanktop from Taobao for me, and I bought their overalls at Bugis, about 14 dollars each.
- For those who didn't know yet, I chose the theme minions so I dressed them all up as my little minions HAHAHA, and bought nerdy spectacles for them from Bugis at ONLY 1 DOLLAR EACH. I can be budget barbie already lor so cheap. See the photos later on if you wanna know how cute they look! I decided to go for the theme since I have a crazy love for minions and HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THEM!!! THE WAY THEY TALK, MOVE AND LOOK SO CUTE LOR. Even the photographer and videographer noticed, and went to take a photo of my collections of minions in my glass display cupboard wahahahaha.
HEHEHE.
10) Choose your venue for Solemnization, as well as solemnizer.
- Mine took place during the wedding dinner itself, and please go and choose a good solemnizer. #lessonlearnt , but too late.
11) Choose your emcees for the wedding.
-Someone you can trust, and someone with fluent english and chinese! I chose Torance and Shevonne because they were both willing to help me, and are good in English and Chinese. Or if you prefer a more professional one, you can hire one! But I wanna save costs, and my friends don't mind helping, so yup!
12) Prepare Emcees scripts, Timeline for the wedding, Wedding songs to play, March-in Songs, Childhood Montage, Bride and Groom Speeches as well as Gate-Crashing Activities. Oh yes! Not forgetting your list of invited guests, seating plans, Guestbook and the list of things you need to bring to the Wedding Venue.
13) WEDDING BANDS!! (almost forgot)
I think that is all the basic stuffs that you need for your wedding. (If I didn't miss anything out!) Oh and if you would like a copy of a sample of any of the wedding documents, let me know! I may be able to help :) )
Ok, now, photos from the Big Day!!
 |
| My MUA was from the Bridal Studio, and she was very patient to my requests and demands. Because of my job, I'm more or less used to my style of doing make up and honestly, I would prefer myself doing my own make up! She did a really good job in concealing all my scars and pimples though!! But the ampoule I put didn't really help :( I had a bad breakout just a few days after the wedding, sigh. I guess I can't blame her either! Since it was ONE FULL DAY of make up. Oh yes, remember to check with your bridal studio the additional charges for the MUA, because I didn't and in the end I had to pay 25 bucks for my hairdo, 25 bucks for the ampoule and also 10 bucks for asking her to stick my falsies for me. (I could have done that myself and save 10 bucks :( ) |
 |
| I didn't have my own room at home, so I did my make up in my sister's
room, and waited for Joey to 'pick me up' in my parents' room. Hahaha. |
 |
| My expensive 3D nails, done at Milly's for 190SGD, including 4 hours of butt rotting. But okay lah, it lasted me for about a month! |
 |
| Oh yes, fussy brides, look up for hairdos before you go for your pre-wedding shoot and for your big day! During my pre-wedding shoot I didn't, and I wasnt happy with what she did for me :( So I went to google and search for hairdos before and showed her what I wanted my hair to be like. |
 |
| Oh my boobies, HAHAHA, I wore stick on push up bras, and because of my increased in Cup Size due to the pregnancy, I look slightly voluptuous hehehe. |
 |
| I didn't wear heels partly because of the pregnancy, and mostly because I didn't want to look that tall for my husband. HAHA. So I settled for this pair of pumps I got from H&M. Pretty legit leh? |
 |
| Also told my MUA that I didn't like glossy lipstick, so I stick to Matt colours :) |
 |
| SPECIAL APPEARANCE OF MY BABY GIRL MILO!! |
 |
| These are the standard photos that the photographer/videographer would help you take. |
|
|
Gate Crashing Time! (We actually chose quite a number of activities to torture the guys, but we had to stick to the time schedule and thus only managed to do a few activities!) OH YES. You will need a trusted timekeeper for the wedding, and must STRICTLY follow the time schedule. During the wedding, our timing was all off and we were in a rush!!
Partly due to the gate crashing, and drivers losing their way during the transport to Upper Seletar. Hahaha.
 |
| My sisters, who are stationed below my block to make sure that the Groom completes what he needs to do before heading upstairs! |
 |
| Brothers' car must never overtake the bridal car when they are on the road! Oh yes, we didn't rent a car for our wedding. To save cost! |
 |
| Papa minion has arrived!! |
 |
| Papa minion and his fellow minions HAHA. So cute right all of them!! |
 |
| Oh, and they gave angpaos in different currencies to my poor sisters -_- |
 |
| And Papa Minion doing his first task! Shouting at the top of his voice: 蔡欣燕,我爱你! |
 |
| The start of the 酸甜苦辣!And this is the first: Bitter Tea. |
 |
| Sour! |
 |
| Blachan + Wasabi, with Joey's much hated RAW CARROTS HEHE. |
 |
| And a large container of Coke Light for the guys to finish drinking using tiny straws hahaha. |
And now, Papa Minion finally enters the house!!!
 |
| Reading his Wedding Vows! |
 |
| 跑不掉咯! |
 |
| I have no idea why I was so amused hahahahah. |
 |
| Some of these photos are taken upon request from photographers so we looked quite unnatural HAHA. |
 |
| Major love for this photo, with the background little minions going 'AWWWW'! |
|
And now, time to head to the Groom's place for Tea-Ceremony and photo taking! Because we stay so far apart, we had to spend alot of time on travelling :( Jurong to Toapayoh, and later on to Upper Seletar, and back to Jurong again.
 |
| I love my simple hairdo! Hehehe. |
 |
| The tradition behind the red umbrella is to like pass the father's role of sheltering all the pain and wind to the Husband. I THINK. |
 |
| Oh!! This is very important, when both the groom and bride arrive at the Groom's house, you must step in at the same time! My mom says this is to prevent a dominant relationship, and that both parties will treat each other equally, with love and respect :)! |
 |
| I love my choice of the blue and white flowers for the hand bouquet! Purposely chose these colours to match the bridal car and I love the pastel blue!! Super pretty. |
 |
| Oh but I forgot what was the reason behind walking underneath the pair of pants lol!! |
|
 |
| Eating Tangyuan to symbolize 甜甜蜜蜜! |
 |
| For picture only lor!! In the end is my sister help me to remove. lol!! |
 |
| Diamond necklace my parents-in-law bought for me! |
 |
| Joey's younger brother giving tea to us! I'm 二嫂 now hahaha! |
And, off we go to Upper Seletar for Photoshoot with the brothers and sisters!! Very thankful for my boss Desmond to come and join us and helped us snapped a few pictures!
 |
| Now you know why I said it would be an ideal place for the pre-wedding photoshoot! Not that I'm unhappy with the photos I took at the Botanical Gardens lah. Hahah. |
 |
| This is so fake LOL I was literally just hitting his face with the tissue and spouting nonsense! |
 |
| We had this 'storyline' to follow, and we had to act it all out. I must say the brothers and sisters are very good actors and actresses hahaha! |
 |
| Ewww, get away! |
 |
| TRUST ME, he was having a hard time carrying me LOL. Cause I gained weight after getting pregnant HAHAHA. |
 |
| The weather was super hot, we were behind time and behind schedule, but STILL! We had lots of fun together. Thanks to our beloved minions <3 br="">3> |
 |
| Jump shots!! |
 |
| Not that I don't want to jump ah, I can't! Hahahaha. |
 |
| GUESS WHO GOT IT. |
 |
| Very proud and happy Winson LOL. |
 |
| He threw it again but nobody wants to catch it HAHAHA. |
And right after all the photo taking, we had to rush back to Jurong for the tea ceremony! So many of my relatives were kept waiting but we had no choice :( ! We only managed to reach back my place at about 12.45pm I think! We were about an hour behind schedule.
 |
| Another serving of Tang Yuan! |
 |
| Paying respect to my 大妈, and offering tea! |
 |
| My cousin's very cute baby boy who only wants my angpao!! Hahahaha. |
 |
| Cute little butt there! |
 |
| Last but not least, me and my sister minions! 2nd from the left and from the right are single! Any takers?? (Sorry the remaining are all taken HAHAHA) |
After eating our buffet and taking a VERY SHORT BREAK, we had to rush back to Toa Payoh, and the sisters and brothers went back home to prepare for the wedding dinner! The MUA was supposed to arrive at about 3pm and I only had about an hour to reach Toa Payoh and freshen up. I need about 2 hours to do my make up and hair, that's why I didn't have time to rest :(
I was also told not to wash my hair since the hair would be too soft for hairdo, BUT I WAS SUFFERING A MAJOR HEADACHE!! From the lack of sleep and the weight of hair on my neck, so I cleaned up, wash off all the make up from my face and had a good shower. I thought my first hairdo was heavy enough, but NOPE not as heavy as my dinner hairdo. Oh yes, I did mentioned I sprained my toe the night before, and I was attempting to ice my feet while doing my make up. I was limping the whole time, and my toe was so swollen :( I feel so sad for my feet! Luckily I didn't have to wear heels. Phew!
So, we arrived at the restaurant at about 5pm for rehearsals and to prepare what is necessary. I regretted not hiring a wedding planner, because I was running around the ballroom and ensuring that everything I need and I want is in place. IT WAS HECTIC. Word of advice: Either you hire a wedding planner, or get someone you really trust, to run the wedding for you. I was very thankful for Sebas to be around since she helped me made sure that everything is in place! I was just very kiasu so I did most of it myself. Didn't really have the time to full utilize the photobooth because I was busy entertaining guests and busy during the tea ceremony :(
 |
| Dear and his sword party! Oh yes, we had a military march in :) |
 |
| Rehearsal! The vines at the side the restaurant prepared for our march in really did enhance the ambience and made the ballroom so much prettier! |
 |
| Joey's grandmother. |
 |
| Our wedding band, and pillow given by SK when we purchased our bands! |
 |
| I'm usually at about the same height as these two ladies but I felt exceptionally short that night LOL. |
 |
| Wedding album! |
 |
| Really very thankful to see this lady appearing on my big day!! Peishan, thank you for coming even though we didn't catch up for SO LONG, and sorry I didn't really have time to talk to you or weesong, but your presence really meant so much to me on this important day, and you know deep inside, you will always have a special place in my heart. I can't wait to see you getting married too! |
 |
| My father's side of relatives! |
 |
| Two other very important ladies in my life! Thank you aunties for taking such good care of me when I was working in GV, and thank you for always doting on me! |
 |
| Of course, not to forget, my pageant family. <3 br="">3> |
 |
| OH HERE IS MY ONLY CLASSMATE IN SIM HAHAHAHAAHA. (didn't know we could possibly click when we actually knew each other from the forum before school started.) Thanks for coming too!! |
 |
| My malaysian relatives who travelled so far to attend our wedding!! And thanks Xiaojiu for the very nice pearl bracelet and your angpao!! |
 |
| My very close auntie since I was young, thank you for the thoughtful bracelet and also for reminding Joey to take care of me! |
 |
| My auntie went like "不可以欺负她啊!她就象我的女儿一样!"! |
 |
| He said something, which I was very doubtful of. LOL |
 |
| The "YAH I'M SURE" face. | | | | |
 |
| Sword party marching in! |
 |
| My very faithful two door angels -Leah and Rebecca! |
 |
| It is a tradition of the military wedding, for us to complete a task before the officers let us proceed with the march in! So for the first task, we had to kiss! Hahaha. |
 |
| AND WALAO, LAI LIAO LOR. This Kenneth requested for me to sing a song in order to get pass the barrier. AND NOT BECAUSE I CANT SING but my mind kinda froze in that second and I didn't know what to sing LOL. So I pleaded my way through after singing one verse HAHA. |
 |
| "Pleaseeeee!" |
 |
| And I went like YAY! |
 |
| The last barrier, Joey to consume the pack of Wasabi HAHA. |
 |
| Solemnization begins! |
 |
| You do not have to follow the vows provided, and can write your own vows if you want to! I totally forgot about it so we followed the ROM's vows hahaha. |
 |
| Our solemnizer, Mr Chia! |
 |
| When I saw the wedding videos again, I realised we actually really attempted to cut the fake cake and it almost dropped. LOL. Joey's face was too comical! How I wish I can show you guys the video hahaha. |
 |
| Oh we didn't eat much :( Only ate the first three dishes! Super sad. |
 |
| My own creation for the Guest Book! Thanks to my friend CY for helping too! |
 |
| Second March-In :) |
 |
| I was actually jumping behind the doors just seconds before this because I was about to have a panic attack! It was mostly due to the speech that I have to say after the toast and I wasn't prepared at all. But after that, I reminded myself that if I can do it during the pageant, I can probably do it on my big day!! |
 |
| Dear was reassuring me by placing his hands on my already-freezing-cold fingers due to the panic-attack hahaha. |
 |
| That face HAHA. |
 |
| I have no idea why he feels happy pouring the champagne HAHA. |
 |
| And by this time both of us were running out of patience, cause the pouring seems never ending!! |
 |
| Mine was tea by the way, I didn't forget the fact that I'm not supposed to have alcohol! |
 |
| Hans doing his speech to us :) |
 |
| And Winson, the man who is apparently in a relationship with my husband HAHA. |
 |
| I think this was when Winson said that I said something about Joey, which I absolutely didn't LOL. |
 |
| AND GUESS WHAT? This ass walked towards me with the mic and purposefully place it near my tummy!! AND NOT EVERYONE KNOWS ABOUT THE NEWS YET LOL. |
 |
| The brothers! |
Time for the groom's and bride's speeches!
 |
| And the tears start falling!! |
 |
| His unglam moments HAHA. |
 |
| Gave a surprise to the two beautiful mothers! Bought them a bouquet of flower each :) |
 |
| I must say... his speech to me wasn't that touching afterall. HAHAHA. |
 |
| OH, I couldn't stop sobbing during my speech!! It was so hard to continue afterwards! |
 |
| Not sure if he was touched by my speech though? |
 |
| Our VIP table! |
 |
| Event girlfriends + Boss + 3 of my best friends whom I knew since sec school! Oh not forgetting to mention Lemuel who went off earlier! |
 |
| Dear's colleagues :) |
 |
| Even I know what handsign is this already HAHA. |
 |
| LEMMETAKEASELFIEEE |
 |
| Pageant family 1 + Clifton (My horrible classmate HAHAHA you know I'm just kidding!) and my best friend Peishan and her bf since sec school too! |
 |
| Pageant family 2! My best returns from joining RMIT pageant :) A huge family <3 br="">3> |
 |
| Dear's prada colleagues! |
 |
| Our goofy friends <3 br="">3> |
 |
| Two of my sisters from another mother! |
 |
| Super fail 'Meow/Roar' |
 |
| Oh I was pretending to be mad cus the brothers wanted Joey to drink, and we have a plane to catch the next morning hahahaha. |
 |
| Okay! Forgiven. Any takers? |
 |
| Joey's family! |
 |
| My mom's side of relatives! |
 |
| My mom and I! |
 |
| With my sissy! |
 |
| This is also another family whom I grew up with :) Can't wait for my two other cousins' wedding!! | | | | | | | | |
|
|
That's all for the wedding photos! It took me soooo long to select and upload the pictures cause I didn't want it to be too draggy.
For those facing issues with the planning of wedding, like misunderstandings or issues with in laws or even disputes arising from the planning, just hang on!
Just try to lower down your expectations, give yourself lesser stress, and distribute your workload!
HUSBANDS TO BE! Please try to help your girlfriends! Don't give excuses like you are not sure of what she wants, or you don't know what to do. Don't know? ASK.
Don't make it as if it is just the girls' wedding! Put in more effort and stop complaining. Want to complain? Don't get married lor.
I have no idea how I did most of the preparations like the schedule and everything on my own while having my exams at the same time, I really don't lol! Must really respect myself in that area HAHA.
Alright, next! Updates about Baby Tristan!!
WEEK 21/22:
I forgot if I mentioned this, but the first time I felt baby's movement was when I was in Bali with Joey for our honeymoon! I remember I was on a cab, when out of a sudden I felt a small kick! When I told Joey, his response was still "Aiya, you think too much la! Where got so fast!" So I really thought I was hallucinating since it was only 17 weeks and it is quite rarely that pregnant mothers will feel kicks this early!
When it first started, it was very gentle flutters, as if there is alot of 'wind' in your tummy and I was about to fart LOL. When I got back to Singapore, and realise that the 'wind in tummy' happened much more often, I went to ask around and they told me that if you are suspecting that it is baby's kicks, it most likely is!! And true enough the feelings get stronger day after day.
If you wonder how it feels like, it was amazing at first, (I mean not that it isn't amazing now, let me explain further) and I get so happy when I feel the kicks! Joey even felt it and saw it when I told him to place his hands on my tummy. The happiness we felt was something that is beyond this world, and only daddies and mummies will understand. Now I don't have to feel worried about baby's health or well-being since I feel him kick all the time!!
I went for the 20 weeks Oscar scan on the 20th of June, and this picture was given by the sonographer! The 20 weeks scan require a scan of about 20-30 minutes so we get to see alot of the baby! Mom was there with me and wanted to video down the process for Joey to see since he isn't around but photography was not allowed. The sonographer was nice enough to print this out for me and said 'It's for his daddy :)!'
Everything looks good from the scan, baby's organs are developing well, all four valves of his heart is present, kidney, parts of the body all present! Infact, he is pretty big as compared to the average babies at 20weeks! But please ah my dear son, don't grow too big and fat or it will be so difficult to give birth to you in four months!! (Took after my height afterall HAHAHA)!
Oh yes, why did I say that it was amazing at first? Because, my dear lil prince is SOOOO active now that he kicks so much and move so much when I'm preparing to sleep!! And the funny thing is he is always active most of the time at wee hours like 2 or 3am, all the way till morning, before he goes back to sleep. I can feel him sitting and kicking my bladder, stretching till the extent that it hurts, or giving VERY strong kicks when I'm resting in a position he doesn't like, for example laying flat on my bag.
Oh mummies! If doctors didn't remind you, you have to try to sleep on your sides, especially your left because it provides better flow of blood to your body and the baby. In the past, I always like to sleep facing down, and because of this bulging tummy, it doesn't work out anymore:
Whenever I try to do so, this little rascal will purposefully stretch his legs and kick until I change position. Don't know why he so cute!
OH YES THE ACHING HAS STARTED. I can't walk for too long because the weight in front requires me to arch my back in order to walk properly, and it hurts my back after walking for more than 2 hours straight.
I can't sleep at night because of all the kicks, movements and BAD BAD ACHING. It recently got SLIGHTLY better after I start piling pillows here and there lol. Oh, not to mention I can wake up and pee like every 30-40 minutes. Yeap, the bladder thing doesn't cease in Second Trimester, so I need to pee very often. NOT TO MENTION ABOUT MY BREASTS!! It doesn't happen to all mothers, but I guess it is a good sign that my lil prince has more than sufficient milk to drink in future. I'm leaking colostrum (it started in week 17) but it started with drops, NOW IT IS LIKE A TAP with a tinge of yellowish substance which I assume is the milk. So much so that it can wet my entire front part of my shirt lol. (Too much info?)
DONT MIND ME AH JUST SHARING WITH MOMMIES TO BE!
So now, I have to resort to wearing breast pads or I will have to change my clothes like every hour -_- . NEVERMIND, at least I know I can breastfeed my baby. I do intend to breastfeed, and if possible I would avoid formulas unless it is absolutely necessary, like I forgot to pump and the maid is taking care of the baby while I'm at school/work OR my milk comes in late, which I think is highly impossible. So yes!!
Lucky me, I have friends and relatives who are young mummies and are really willing to help so I've been learning alot about breastfeeding, latching and what to do, what to get before and after the baby is out. Oh!! My cousin-in-law is even lending me her breast pump since she stopped breastfeeding! (Don't worry it is totally hygienic cause I will be buying a funnel separately lol)

This is how it looks like. I went to find out how much they cost if I wanna buy a first hand one and I saw Kiddy Palace selling at 599SGD WTF. Thought of buying a second hand one but would like to try it out first! I wanted to save money and just get the manual pump, but many breastfeeding mummies ask me don't be crazyyy! Cause baby usually feeds about once every 2 hours (breast milk gets digested easily) and my wrist will break if I had to manually pump everything. And the breasts get engorged if you don't pump or feed when you have milk, and the milk might even get stucked!! You will need to go to a lactation clinic to get ur breasts whacked in order to let it start working again. SO NOPE I'm not gonna let it get engorged lol!
I'm going to a baby fair at expo coming sunday with dear since he will be back from Brunei tomorrow!! And I'm gonna get everything that baby needs before it is too late to buy. Lol.
I've been practicing handling of baby with Grace's damn cute son, Aiden.
HE IS DAMN CUTE AND DAMN CHUBBY CAN!!!!! My lifestyle is completely different now, and I'm starting to make more mummy friends to learn more about babies and get myself prepped for parenting. So, don't come and tell me I'm not trying hard enough or that I'm not ready to be a mother. I'm still learning hello!! You think everything I can learn within a day ah!? Oh but I can't carrying him anymore :( My belly is getting bigger and getting a little too big for comfort so, sigh, I can only squeeze his cheeks the next time I see him.
And don't be deceived by the pictures, I'm totally ballooning up literally EVERYWHERE. My butt, my arms, my thighs, HIPS!! and collarbones, you have been missed, WHERE ARE YOU T_T. It's okay, I'm gonna get you back after birth, I PROMISE!
For those who are following me on instagram @phyllisfatballl (Three Ls), or on my facebook, you would have known that something happened last weekend, and I went to NUH's A&E. Guess what? My lil prince decided that he wanted to see the world right away, and I had contractions!! Initially it felt like constipation pain so I didn't take it to heart, but I started panicking only when the cramps get stronger and stronger!! The pain comes and goes, so I was afraid that it might be contractions, and got my sissy to send me to the hospital.
Funny thing is the contractions got slightly better when I went in to see the doctor for a scan. Cervix not dilated, closed, and baby looks fine. But doctor say it is most likely contractions since I felt the uterus tightening, so they gave me a jab to stop the contractions, and I was on the hospital bed for about 3 hours, under observations. IT WAS DAMN SCARY I SWEAR, I almost cried because I was so scared anything would happen to the baby. (FYI, babies need to be at least 24 weeks for them to survive, even with all the technology, and baby Tristan was only at 22 weeks!) They wanted to admit me since I was still having slight cramps, but I told the doctor I will monitor at home and see how it goes.
 |
| Er, don't judge, AHAHA I took this photo on the hospital bed only because the worried Hubby in Brunei asked me how I'm doing and requested for a selfie. |
The next day I went to my own Gynae Dr Yeo, he said that I probably overexerted my body, or my womb is a little sensitive and weak. So yup, he gave me medicine, and ordered me to stay home and rest. I've been home the entire week!! Let's hope that this little rascal stays long enough in my womb until he is ready to be born!!
This leads me to the next question: Elective Csect/ Natural birth?
I'm absolutely certain and sure that I will go for Natural delivery.
First of all, it recovers faster, and I want the baby to come out when he wants to, and not do an elective csect to select the date. For natural delivery, it takes about 2 weeks for your Vajay to recover, whereas if I do a Csect, it will take up to months for the surgery wound to be completely recovered! I can imagine myself sitting up and lying down in pain, and I don't want that to happen to me.
I even intend to go through the delivery without any epidural. (SAY ONLY LA, LATER PAIN SURE REQUEST), and no it is not for the 'Oh, I went through delivery without epidural, I'm a great and brave mother' shit. I just thought that I might be able to withstand the labour pain since I'm only more afraid of Episiotomy. So if doing epidural will still let me feel the pain when they cut my Vajay, for what I do epidural! But no lah, I will see how much pain I can withstand during the time of birth. But I so kiasi, sure opt for epidural in the end HAHA.
OKAY THIS BLOG POST IS WAYYY TOO LONG! I will talk about the confinement stuffs during the next post. TILL THEN!
Jermayne with the mummies hehehe.
No comments:
Post a Comment